Monday, January 21, 2013

Sunny days are here



One of the difficulties in living in the Pacific Northwest is the inability to take photos in natural light for 2/3 of the year.  I went to the dog park with Theo yesterday and managed a few photos of my latest project.  This is a woven twill scarf with Brown Sheep Nature Spun for the warp and (mostly) handspun 2-ply Shetland/Llama blend for the weft.  I processed and blended the weft fiber from raw wool before spinning.  It was fun seeing this come off the loom.  The Shetland makes everything lightweight, warm, and bouncy, and the llama's white spots give the final project some color variance.  This was my first project on the Macomber loom that I picked up at that late summer estate sale.  I love that loom!  It's smooth, easy to use, compact, and it has a great big shed.  Weaving just zipped along.


No comments:

Post a Comment