Thursday, September 19, 2013

Fibers at Gossamer!

It was a big day.  I decided that while I was in Portland, I should check in with an LYS, Gossamer.  It's an adorable shop, with lots of dyed fiber and felt sheets, yarn, and wee sweet sundries by local artists. If you're into felting or if you need Waldorf supplies, this is your spot.  I had spoken with the proprietor in the past about consignment. I finally brought her some fiber and stitch markers, and she loved them! I do so much of my creative work in a vacuum, so it's amazing for me to get some positive feedback.  So the next time you're on E. Burnside in Portland, pop into Gossamer. You're practically guaranteed to find something irresistible in there.

The down side to this is that the Etsy shop is a bit sparse now, and I need to dye some wool before I can stock up again.  It will be a solid week before new batts are in the shop.

The other great news of the day is that I heard from the wheel guy, and my flyers are on their way! The upright German parlor wheel and the Frank Fell wheels will be ready to use! That leaves only two wheels needing parts - both great wheels in need of spindles. The Fell wheel is one of my favorites, so I'm especially excited to have him back in spinning condition.

I'm spending the evening working on the old house. I'm nursing a nasty headache from chemical exposure (spray wall texture - NASTY!)  It's amazing how much I've transformed this house, and how much work remains...

No comments:

Post a Comment